The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Introduction to Engineering Teacher
Be Noble. Teach Engineering at ITW Speer Academy.
ITW David Speer Academy, a Level 1+ STEM School, opened in 2014. Speer Academy offers a STEM-focused education that will expose our "innovators", as our students are known, to a variety of math, science, technology and engineering careers through our partnership with Illinois Tool Works.
This is a project-based course that is designed to introduce and practice the Engineering Design Process with a multitude of scientific concepts with the goal of exploring a wide variety of engineering disciplines. We are looking for applicants that:
- Have strong classroom management skills and can implement large-scale group projects effectively and efficiently.
- Have a science background and can teach underlying science concepts within engineering projects.
- Have a strong understanding of the engineering professional landscape and can discuss various engineering disciplines and the skills that are needed to be successful within them.
This specific opening is at ITW Speer Academy.
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
Requirements Be Noble. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.