The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Noble-Relay Teaching Residency
Be Noble. Become a Noble-Relay Teaching Resident.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are committed to investing in and developing individuals who want to be the best educators for our students.
Who We’re Seeking
Teaching at Noble is ideal for individuals motivated by the certainty that all of their students can and will succeed, eager for the autonomy to design the vision and content of their classrooms, and rooted in the desire to continuously improve their instruction through data. The Noble-Relay Teaching Residency is for individuals who want to enter the teaching profession, and are looking for the support, training, and feedback required in becoming a highly effective teacher. Our teaching residents join a selective cohort of diverse and talented future teachers committed to educational justice.
The Noble-Relay Teacher Residency offers a supportive, effective, and affordable path to a meaningful career. In partnership with the Relay Graduate School of Education, this teacher preparation program offers the opportunity to earn an Illinois teaching license and complete a master’s degree in just two years while you work alongside experts at a Noble school. This program is thoughtfully designed to provide extra support to develop your skills. Over the course of the program, you will build your teaching skills with guidance from your Relay professors and a designated mentor at your school. Throughout your first year as a teaching resident, you’ll gradually gain responsibility leading small groups of students through lessons until you are ready to instruct a whole class! With demonstrated readiness, you’ll assume increased teaching responsibility during your second year. Upon completion of the program you will graduate with a Master’s degree and an Illinois teaching license.
- Admittance and enrollment into Relay GSE
- Passing all required state exams (including the Test of Academic Proficiency)
- A Bachelor’s degree by June 2019
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of a 3.0
- No current Illinois teaching license
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Full salary and benefits
- Full reimbursement of testing costs
- Guidance in the application and testing process
- A designated Resident Advisor that serves as a formal mentor at your school
- Subsidized graduate school tuition to Relay, with year one tuition fully covered
- A Master of Arts in Teaching upon successful program completion
- An Illinois teaching license
- A structured, gradual, and promising path to a teaching job at one of the nation’s highest performing school networks.
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!