The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Special Education Teacher (Math Focus)
Be Noble. Teach Special Education at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students for success in college. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
We believe that all students have the right to an excellent education; our Special Education teachers are crucial in ensuring all of our diverse learners have success in academics and in life. Special Education teachers analyze data, create and implement behavior management programs, communicate with parents/guardians, collaborate with other teachers, and develop IEP goals and objectives that address students of all ability levels. Additionally, Noble Special Education teachers deliver curriculum that ensures the growth of our diverse learners with rigor that prepares them for post-secondary success. Noble proudly has 86% of our special education students admitted to a four-year university.
Illinois Special Education License (LBS1) required – please apply if you’re special education-certified in a different state and/or have a definitive timeline for your certification in Illinois.
At this time, we anticipate the following Special Education openings for the 2017-18 school year:
- Special Education Teacher - Hansberry College Prep
- Special Education Teacher - ITW Speer Academy
- Founding Special Education Teacher - Mansueto High School
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.