The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Positions available at Rowe-Clark Math & Science Academy
Be Noble. Be an Alumni Coordinator at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Who We’re Seeking
Teaching at Noble is ideal for instructors motivated by the certainty that all of their students can and will succeed, eager for the autonomy to design the vision and content of their classrooms, and rooted in the desire to continuously improve their instruction through data. We are looking for mission-aligned Alumni Counselors for the 2019-2020 academic year who will provide personalized guidance and support to our graduates while they are in college, with the objective of improving persistence and college graduation. Each Alumni Counselor is responsible for building and maintaining meaningful student relationships, developing a strong knowledge of on-campus student support services, and leveraging quantitative and qualitative data from our alumni to help refine the campus’s college readiness program.
Our Alumni Counselors are expected to:
- have an understanding of the academic, financial and social factors that impact college persistence
- utilize quantitative and qualitative data from our alumni to help refine the campus’s college readiness program
- travel and visit alumni at their college
- hold self and all students accountable during class, transitions, and school events,
- exemplify Noble’s Core Values in the work they do.
Above all else, Noble Alumni Counselors must equip and empower alumni with the skills and knowledge to overcome educational barriers, persist, and graduate from college.
Noble Quality Non-negotiables
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A belief in executing Noble’s approach to high expectations
- A record of pursuing and achieving ambitious results, particularly in helping low-income and first-generation students achieve significant academic gains
- A regular practice of reflection and desire to continuously improve
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience directly guiding students, ideally in a college persistence context
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
What Noble has to Offer
A Focus on Learning: You are empowered to design your course in the way you think will best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. All classes start on time and are never interrupted with announcements, copy rooms are stockpiled with paper, and over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
Robust Student Services: We believe in serving the whole child. For this reason, each of our campuses is equipped with at least one full-time licensed Social Worker and teams of College Counselors. Additionally, our students have access to a variety of enrichment and extended learning options such as night and summer school courses and internship opportunities.
Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building, and we welcome the accountability necessary to achieve excellence. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
A Range of Benefits:We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Our robust and ever-evolving set of benefits includes:
- Health & Wellness:
- A predictable salary schedulewith opportunity for performance bonuses
- Competitive health benefits and paid parental leave
- Discounts to Noble Daycare, gym memberships, & bike-share services
- Free financial planning services
- Free 24/7 access to a licensed social worker and 3 in-person counseling services
- Professional Development and Recognition Opportunities:
- Leadership and career development programs including: Diverse Leaders Fellowship, Noble Fellowship, and Management Accelerator
- Distinguished Teacher, a program to recognize and reward excellence in the classroom
- Instructional development series aligned to The Noble Classroomframework, including Foundations and Rigor training
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!