The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Be Noble. Teach ESL at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students for success in college. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Noble is looking for ESL Teachers to provide ESL services, including pushing into classes, teaching ESL courses, and performing other compliance related responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Work with the enrollment point on home language survey completion for new-to-district scholars
- Administer the required English proficiency screener (W-APT) and enter scores into SIM/IMPACT
- Maintain/create EL files and records that meet ISBE audit requirements
- Complete CPS OLCE requests for information associated with funding and program support
- Update EL profiles on SIM/IMPACT
- Administer and manage the proctoring of the ACCESS test
- Coordinate the distribution of SIM/IMPACT notices to parents.
For the 2017-18 school year, we anticipate the following ESL openings:
- ESL Co-Teacher - Muchin College Prep
- Spanish Teacher/ESL Teacher - Muchin College Prep
- ESL Teacher/Coordinator - Rowe-Clark Math & Science Academy
- Part-Time ESL Teacher/Coordinator- UIC College Prep
Professional Educator License and ESL or Bilingual Endorsement is required.
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- Professional Educator License and ESL or Bilingual Endorsement
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis