The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Manager of Selection & Hiring
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has grown to serve more than 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 18 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. The Noble Network of Charter Schools is Chicago’s largest and highest performing non-selective public school network. In 2015, Noble won the Broad Prize for Public Charter Schools.
To achieve Noble’s mission of meaningful life outcomes for our students, our schools must be places the nation’s top educators can have a successful career. Noble must be a place where educators have a great experience, are provided the supports and resources to be successful, are recognized for great work, and are compensated well.
We are in search of a Manager of Selection & Hiring to oversee the application, selection, and hiring process for the entire 1300 employee network. This person will serve as the main point person for over 50 hiring managers across the network and will manage the pool of over 1500 applicants to fill over 200 roles annually.
- Hiring Manager Support: Consult and be a thought-partner with hiring managers throughout hiring process to problem solve and determine appropriate next steps for candidates; support hiring managers by doing anything to make the hiring process more efficient and effective for them including but not limited to scheduling candidate interviews, conducting phone interviews, completing reference checks
- Candidate Management: Obsess over pool of candidates to ensure that no good candidate slips through the cracks; keep all candidates updated on the status of their application with Noble; develop creative solutions to get unengaged candidates traction; design and execute candidate experience survey; create all candidate-facing communication templates
- Selection & Hiring Process Design: Conduct comprehensive end-of-season data analysis of hiring season and use findings to inform changes for next season and adjust screening and application process as needed
- ATS Administration: Serve as ATS (Jobvite) administrator and point-person for all questions and troubleshooting; implement updates in the system as needed by process change; stay up to date on all things Jobvite to ensure the system is being maximized; keep career site and job board updated
- Data Analysis: Provide comprehensive data throughout the season to drive Talent Team and hiring manager behavior; collaborate with Academics Team to build Talent Team dashboards in Tableau; create reports for Talent Team and hiring managers as requested
- Team Management & Support: Manage and develop Talent Coordinator; train and coach Talent Acquisition Specialists (TASs) on screening decisions and best next steps for all candidates
- Exceptional customer service skills and natural tendency to eliminate barriers and streamline processes
- Strong relationship building and consulting skills
- Able to shift focus seamlessly and prioritize competing commitments quickly
- Naturally curious and eager to solve problems using data
- Strong and compelling written and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting multiple relationships at once
- Experience as an administrator of an ATS preferred (ideally Jobvite)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis