The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Noble opened in 1999 with the mission of preparing low-income students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives, and to serve as a catalyst for education reform in Chicago. By making college a reality for our students, Noble is committed to changing the trajectory of the lives of our students and impacting their families for generations to come. Noble’s 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. One hundred percent of Noble students are accepted into college and over 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,000 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Always innovating, The Noble Network is seeking an HRIS Coordinator who is ready to join next phase of the Human Resources department at Noble. We aim to be best, both in and outside of the education industry, at serving our employees and equipping managers with the data and insights needed to lead. The HRIS Coordinator will report to the Human Resources Project Manager and is a key part of the HR Operations team that is charged with efficiency, flawless operations, and improving the HR systems and processes that support our teachers, managers, and staff.
The HRIS Coordinator is an entry-level position within the HR Operations team. S/he will be intrusted with support and maintenance of our new human resource information system (HRIS) as well as general support of HR operations. The HRIS Coordinator serves as a technical point of contact and assists with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing, and analyzing data/work flows for improvement opportunities. The HRIS Coordinator also supports system upgrades, patches, testing, and other technical projects as assigned.
If you are interested in data, innovation, and keeping complex systems organized, we’d love to hear from you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production Support: Provide support for HRIS, including researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing maintenance and data integrity activities; perform general HRIS data entry and digital file maintenance as assigned.
- System Maintenance: Assist in the review, testing, and implementation of HR software solutions
- Project / Process Improvement: Recommend process and service improvements, innovative solutions, and policy changes. Use some project management skills in managing projects as assigned. Collaborate with appropriate HR and Network data teams to coordinate effective data sharing.
- Reports / Queries: Write, maintain, and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reporting tools and help to maintain data integrity in all HR systems.
- Training: Assist in the development of user procedures, guidelines, and documentation. Train end-users and new users on systems/processes/etc.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Skills & Experience
- Passion for Noble’s mission
- Passion for making processes more efficient and making data driven decisions
- High level of energy, passion and enthusiasm for solving complex challenges and puzzles is mandatory (a good sense of humor is a huge plus)
- Consistently exhibits a service mentality, including being flexible, adaptable and humble
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work independently (e.g. exhibit resourcefulness and independent research skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position
Preferred Skills & Experience
- One to three years of experience as HRIS or HR generalist or specialist, or managing a large and dynamic data system
- Superior Excel skills
- Experience with statistics and creating reports of findings (either in professional or academic setting)
Noble provides competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k retirement plan, and paid time off.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.