The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Manager of Assessment & Curriculum (2018-19 School Year)
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has grown to serve over 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 17 separate campuses in Chicago. Noble operates Chicago’s highest performing open-enrollment campuses (based on ACT.) Over the next 5 years, Noble’s strategic plan is to expand to more than 20 campuses and serve roughly 20% of all high school students in Chicago.
Noble’s continued improvement relies on our ability to protect and promote a culture of innovation. Whatever the speed or model of growth, we aim to create an environment where campuses can continue to challenge and redefine the “traditional” Noble model; create an environment where our principals have the autonomy to redefine classrooms, rethink the use of space, time, resources, etc.; an environment where principals have the ability to introduce and test new ideas, curriculum, and instruction.
In a highly autonomous model, what is the role of Noble’s academic department in promoting a culture of innovation and continuous improvement? To date, the academic department has aimed to encourage the constant improvement of our model by 1) measuring campus impact through quality assessments, 2) providing transparent, simple, actionable data, and 3) promoting a healthy balance of quality collaboration and competition. Noble’s academic department aims to continue to pull these key levers in addition to centralized adding training capabilities to ensure we continue to be a leading example in the fight for quality education for all students.
We are seeking a Manager of Assessment & Curriculum that will work closely with our Director of Academics to oversee our internal and external assessments and internal Noble Baseline Curriculum. The Manager of Assessment & Curriculum will lead a team of teachers to revise our P/SAT aligned network interims and run the interim assessment cycle for our campuses. This person will also communicate and execute all action items for external assessments like the P/SAT and Illinois Science Assessment. The Manager of Assessment & Curriculum will serve as a consultant to Team Talent for questions about our Distinguished Teacher program (evaluating assessments, etc.). In addition to assessments, the Manager of Assessment is also tasked with compiling and publishing Noble Baseline Curriculum. This includes communicating with high performing Noble teachers, collecting and revising their curated curriculum, disseminating that content at the Network level, and seeking feedback on the curriculum from content users.
Key Network Responsibilities
- Assessment Creation and Implementation: Oversee the creation, implementation, and continuous improvement of Noble’s formative interim assessments and summative Pre/Post assessment model, as well as provide any necessary support for mandated state testing (i.e. P/SAT, Illinois Science Assessment).
- Distinguished Teacher Support: Consult with and support Noble’s Talent Team regarding assessment evaluation during the annual Distinguished Teacher application process.
- Curriculum: Identify and reach out to top performing teachers to contribute their curriculum. Revise and format curated curriculum for network dissemination. Determine the best platform to use to share Network content.
Candidate Qualifications & Ideal Traits
- Strong understanding of assessment design and rigorous curriculum and lesson components
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus
- Relentless results-orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituents
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance; 401k contributions; and vacation and sick leave.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.