The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Senior Network Specialist
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has grown to serve over 10,000 students from 70 different communities at 17 separate campuses in Chicago. Noble operates Chicago’s highest performing open-enrollment campuses (based on ACT.) Over the next few years, Noble’s strategic plan is to expand to more than 20 campuses and serve roughly 20% of all high school students in Chicago.
Noble is seeking an IT Senior Network Specialist with experience in engineering, implementation and maintenance of highly available networks that enjoys working in a team oriented goal-driven environment. The individual must have strong hands-on operational and troubleshooting skills for production data centers. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting networks that VoIP and video services rely on, well connected remote offices on a global scale. Educational services experience a plus.
- Primarily responsible for the execution of all network projects specifically those involving the engineering implementation, operation and maintenance of firm’s global network.
- Support projects by other IT groups and business units that require network engineering and operational support.
- Install and maintain all routers and switches in various network configurations support VLANs, QoS, VoIP and advanced routing (OSPF, BGP, MPLS) and security protocols
- Provide A+ support in resolution of technical issues
- Assist with day to day network operation management and adherence to established processes and policies
- Participate in a rotational on-call schedule with other members of the network team
- Lead engineering implementation of the approved design of all corporate data centers and offices to sustain a high level of resiliency, performance and stability throughout the enterprise network
- Identify areas of improvement and recommend solutions on a continual basis
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation of all aspects of the enterprise network
- Manage the IT Security of technologies such as IDS/IPS, SPAN aggregators, packet analysis systems, firewall design, and network forensics
- Ability to support end user request upon need
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with routing and switching in both wide area and local area networks
- CCNP certification preferred; commensurate experience also considered
- Experience in an enterprise sized, global organization with stringent requirements for network availability highly desirable
- Experiences in supporting network in a highly virtualized server environment
- Experience with Change Management and Configuration processes
- Experience with detailed design documentation
- Extensive experience in Cisco’s product line of routers and switches including but not limited to: Catalyst 2900/3800/4500
- Expertise with protocols including but not limited to: OSPF, BGP, RPVST,VLAN, 802.1q, SNMP
- Expertise with VMware platform and Windows Server environment
- Engineering knowledge of network security products a major plus, including Cisco ASA-X through version 9, Cisco Firepower Services, Palo Alto, IPSec and SSL VPNs, Bluecoat Proxy
- Experience with Solar Winds, Netbrain, Wireshark and Splunk a plus
- This role also assumes campus coverage when necessary as part of global duties and responsibilities.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis