The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students for success in college. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.Alumni Counselors are responsible for providing personalized guidance and support to our graduates while they are in college, with the objective of improving persistence and college graduation. The AC builds and maintains meaningful student relationships, develops a strong knowledge of on-campus student support services, and leverages quantitative and qualitative data from our alumni to help refine the campus’s college readiness program. The AC needs to have strong academic coaching experience and ability to equip and empower alumni with the skills and knowledge to overcome educational barriers, persist, and graduate from college.
At this time, we anticipate the following Alumni Counselor openings for the 2018-19 school year:
- Alumni Counselor - Noble Street College Prep
- Bachelor’s degree and experience working in a high functioning, fast-paced organization
- Have proven results helping low-income and first-generation students achieve significant academic gains
- Experience directly guiding students, ideally in a college persistence context
- Demonstrated ability to help students set and meet high goals in the face of adversity
- Ability to multi-task, rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Have an understanding of the academic, financial and social factors that impact college persistence
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- Ability to travel and visit alumni at their college
- A history of aggressively delivering measurable results and strong self-management
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Eligibility to work in the United States
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: You have autonomy to approach your role how you see best. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.