The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Dean of Students - Johnson College Prep
Be Noble. Ensure a Well-Rounded Educational Experience for Our Students at Johnson College Prep.
Noble believes in creating an experience that serves the whole child during their tenure at Noble to prepare them academically, socially, mentally, and emotionally for the college experience. Noble students must successfully complete 6 pillars of education in order to meet the necessary promotional and graduation requirements: academics, community service, discipline, attendance, enrichment, and fitness. These pillars and the successful promotional advancement of the students toward these pillars is a primary responsibility of the Dean of Students. The pillars in bold above are a directly facilitated by the Dean of Students. The Dean of Students serves as a member of the Administrative Team, and manages all pillar related pupil personnel services to ensure a proper educational experience and promotional opportunity for Noble’s students.
The Dean of Students is responsible for overseeing all activities relating to student experience. This may include, but is not limited to, recommending building policies and procedures related to promotional pillars; supervision and maintenance of student records; management of student programming and services; overseeing of school-wide culture and values programming; student and teacher course/schedule creation; serve as the primary liaison for community outreach and partnering programs; management of daily calendar, schedule, space and resource assignments (before, during and after school); and works with “off-track” students, parents/guardians, and teachers to improve trajectory toward promotion. The Dean of Students will communicate and collaborate with school leadership to ensure alignment of overall vision.
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.