The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Part-Time ESL Coordinator - UIC College Prep
Be Noble. Lead an ESL program at Noble.
UIC College Prep is looking for a Part-Time ESL Coordinator. This person will provide ESL services, including pushing into classes, teaching ESL course(s), and performing other compliance related responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Work with the enrollment point on home language survey completion for new-to-district scholars
- Administer the required English proficiency screener (W-APT) and enter scores into SIM/IMPACT
- Maintain/create EL files and records that meet ISBE audit requirements
- Complete CPS OLCE requests for information associated with funding and program support
- Update EL profiles on SIM/IMPACT
- Administer and manage the proctoring of the ACCESS test
- Coordinate the distribution of SIM/IMPACT notices to parents.
Professional Educators License and ESL or Bilingual Endorsement is required.
The Noble Environment
- Strong school culture
- High expectations that are consistent for every adult and student in the building
- A focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family
What You Can Expect from Noble
From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
The people you work with are all on your side. Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. If you ask for support, you will receive it. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. The work is challenging—possibly some of the most difficult work you have done. But it is also the most rewarding.
Requirements (aka What Noble Teachers Must Have):
- Professional Educator License and ESL or Bilingual Endorsement
- Bachelor's degree
- A results-oriented history of personal-achievement
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Eligibility to work in the United States
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis