The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Manager of Utmost U/College Success - Gary Comer College Prep
UtmostU is the cutting edge college success initiative of the Comer Education Campus. Serving a predominantly first generation student population, the Manager of UtmostU works with all Comer alumni to support their pursuit of a college degree and meaningful career. This leader manages a team of UtmostU Coordinators and Student/Peer Coordinators to implement a dynamic student support model and continuously improve this model utilizing best practices.
Comer Education Campus: With a comprehensive approach surrounded by inspiring state-of-the-art facilities, the Comer Education Campus is devoted to guiding young people to and through college and into adult life. The campus constitutes a unique partnership between Gary Comer Youth Center, Gary Comer College Prep, Gary Comer Middle School, and the college success initiative UtmostU. The campus serves over 2000 youth from across Chicago’s South Side, offering out-of-school time enrichment, academic enhancement, and college success programs. Working with best-in-class partner organizations, the Comer Education Campus empowers young people with tools they need for post-secondary success and to reach their full potential in life. For more information, please visit: http://comereducationcampus.org/ and http://garycomeryouthcenter.org/
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of three to five UtmostU Coordinators supporting Comer’s nearly 800 alumni as they pursue college completion and earn degrees at a rate far exceeding their peer population nationally.
- Implement direct student support, special events, technology deployment and various targeted initiatives leveraging the unique UtmostU success model.
- Provide direct alumni support, which includes travel and flexibility in scheduling in order to meet the needs of a caseload of students.
- Act as main alumni-related point person for the campus , while managing a schedule for UtmostU Coordinators’ support assignments on campus, in the City, and across the country.
- Oversee professional development plans for the Coordinators, which includes having a representative at events and trainings related to partners such as the Noble Network, Bottom Line, Year Up, and others.
- Manage collection of various persistence data and dissemination of that data to all key campus stakeholders and the Noble Network.
- Track expenditures, maintain budget records and collaborate with efforts to fundraise for UtmostU programs.
- Participate in special events, programming, meetings, and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience working with high school and/or college aged students
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Excel skills and an ability to manipulate and analyze data effectively
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot and problem solve effectively
- Strong writing capabilities and presentation creation and delivery skills
- Supervisory / management experience preferred
- Demonstration of cultural competency and dedication to working with the students, families and community members in our care
Utmost U Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.