The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Senior Data Analyst
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has now grown to serve over 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 18 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. Consistently, these campuses represent Chicago’s highest performing open-enrollment high schools (based on ACT as well as other critical outcomes like college graduation, etc.)
Noble is looking for a Senior Data Analyst (SDA) to join our Network Support Team—a team dedicated to providing world-class service to our 18+ schools. This individual reports directly to the Director of Data Strategy & Analytics focusing the majority of his/her efforts around supporting our data and research needs for the senior leadership of the organization (i.e. CEO, President, and Head of Schools.) and on data warehouse design/dashboard development.
- Research Support (40% of Time): While the Noble data team serves a wide variety of stake holders throughout the organization, it has been built lean and prioritizes campus commitments—currently, they often don’t have the capacity to respond to the quick requests for broad leadership analysis across the organization. The Senior Data Analyst (SDA) is a new position dedicated to providing high-quality analysis support to our upper level management. Routine projects could include facility risk analysis, employment survey analysis, support team service analysis, Head of School’s dashboard management, predictive modeling around academic growth, financial analysis for campus decision making, ambitious target setting (academic growth, financial, etc.)
- Data Warehouse & Dashboard Development (30% of Time): As a member of the data team, the Senior Data Analyst will be asked to assist in the development of new data sources in the warehouse for use in our dashboard system Tableau. This will entail requirements gathering from stakeholders, database design, ETL design and dashboard development in Tableau.
- Ad Hoc Data Reporting & Analysis Support (30% of Time): As a member of the data team, the Senior Research Analyst will be asked to regularly support the team with data ticket overflow, high priority assessment-related analysis (e.g. quarterly interim assessment support), and maintaining our critical data systems (i.e. PowerSchool, Tableau-based Dashboarding & Reporting.)
- Service: Every member of Noble’s Support Team exists to serve the staff and students at our 18+ schools. A service mentality – including being flexible, adaptable, and humble – is an essential part of every position on the data team. The SDA is therefore responsible for displaying best-in-class service in all of their tasks.
- 5+ years of experience with business intelligence/statistical analysis software (Tableau, STATA, SPSS, R or ERP experience) is required
- Analysis skills will be assessed with an analysis project
- Ninja level Excel experience is assumed
- 4+ years of experience with complex SQL queries, preferably across multiple database platforms
- Oracle and PostGres highly preferred, but not required
- SQL skills will be assessed with a written test
- 3+ years of experience with database/data warehouse design
- 1+ years of experience with an ETL tool
- Pentaho is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Python or R is a big plus, but not required
- Experience with Tableau Desktop or Server is highly preferred
- Experience with an ERP or Student Information System is preferred
- PowerSchool front end experience is a plus
- PowerSchool’s Oracle back end experience is a big plus
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed in college is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills is mandatory
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm is mandatory (and a good sense of humor is a huge plus).
- Emotional intelligence is mandatory (e.g. the ability to handle complex challenges and puzzles as well as critical feedback in a positive and productive manner)
- Willingness to push the boundaries of their work by constantly seeking out new ideas and implementing them
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience is required
- Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
The Noble Network of Charter Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.