The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Middle School Humanities Teacher
Be Noble. Teach Humanities at Gary Comer Middle School.
Gary Comer College Prep Middle School is the only middle school campus of the Noble Network of Charter Schools in Chicago, IL. Seeing as how our scholars are only in middle school, our vision may seem a bit presumptuous, but we are 100% certain that each and every one of our scholars is on the road to and through the college of his/her choice.
We are looking for a 7th Grade Humanities Teacher. Humanities at GCMS is a literacy driven class using informational texts and primary source documents to engage students in relevant historical study and to support informational reading strategies taught in core Reading classes by ELA teachers. The position requires knowledge of Common Core Writing Standards, Illinois Learning Standards for Social Science, and thorough knowledge of teacher-chosen class content (i.e. US History, World History, Current Events, etc.).
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.