The Noble Network of Charter Schools
The Noble Network of Charter Schools, Chicago’s largest and highest performing non-selective public school network, is looking for a Communications Associate. This person will report to our Director of Communications and will work closely with the Senior Communications Associate and other members of the External Affairs team.
- Work with staff across Noble’s 18 campuses to surface high quality content for use in a variety of stories, pitches, and media events
- Draft press releases and media advisories
- Develop pitches and maintain relationships with local, regional, and national media
- Write, edit, and post blog entries and other written stories to be used in digital communications
- Manage the day-to-day posting, maintenance, and response of Noble’s primary social media accounts and monitor Noble’s overall digital presence.
“Noble Quality” Non-Negotiable(s)
- Clear passion for Noble’s mission
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A history of proven results and achievement
- Obsessive attention to quality and detail
- Service-focused humility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field, or a minimum two years of communications and marketing experience
- High degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and think critically
- Highly motivated, energetic, and proactive
- Experience with Drupal, Wordpress, MailChimp, Adobe Suite, and social media tools a plus
The Noble Network of Charter Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.