The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Noble opened in 1999 with the mission of preparing low-income students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives, and to serve as a catalyst for education reform in Chicago. By making college a reality for our students, Noble is committed to changing the trajectory of the lives of our students and impacting their families for generations to come. Noble’s 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. One hundred percent of Noble students are accepted into college and over 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,000 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Always innovating, The Noble Network is seeking a Human Resources Generalist who is ready to join the next phase of the human resources team which is dedicated to continuous improvement. The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Human Resources Manager and is a key part of the human resources team that is charged with making Noble the best place for talent to join, be great for students, and be happy.
The HR Generalist is responsible for day-to-day human resources operations, as well as the support of Noble campuses, with direct management and mentorship from the HR Manager and Director of Human Resources in the areas of employee relations, leave administration, and general day-to-day communication on HR-related questions.
- Develops relationships with campuses and campus staff and serves as a trusted resource who is available to employees to answer questions and escalate matters
- Handles employee relations matters and exit interviews
- Assists the manager with HR projects
- Answers benefits questions
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions
- Under direction of HR Manager, assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PHR certification preferred
- Prior experience in HR strongly preferred
- Prior experience with HRIS and payroll administration strongly preferred
- Prior experience with customer service preferred
- Prior experience with Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- Local travel to various campuses is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.