The Noble Network of Charter Schools
College Instructor & Counselor
Be Noble. Be a College Counselor at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students for success in college. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Our College Counselors are responsible for equipping scholars with the knowledge, skills and exposure necessary to apply to, matriculate to and graduate from college. Responsibilities include but are not limited to counseling a caseload of scholars with their college applications, financial aid and decision making process.
At this time, we anticipate the following college counselor openings for the 2017-18 school year:
- College Instructor & Counselor - Butler College Prep
- Senior College Teacher - Gary Comer College Prep
- Bilingual College Seminar Teacher - Golder College Prep
- College Seminar Teacher - Golder College Prep
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.