The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Bilingual Community Organizer
The Bilingual Community Organizer works with the Government and Community Affairs team to grow the leadership of Noble parents, strengthen connections with community organizations and to organize in support Noble’s mission to deliver a high quality public education to all students in Chicago. This specific position supports our Southwest, West, and Northwest campuses and families.
Work will include (but is not limited to):
- Supporting campuses to implement their visions for parent and community engagement (including supporting Parent Advisory Councils, engaging with parents directly etc.)
- Planning and hosting parent leadership trainings (including work on nights and weekends)
- Finding and engaging new community partnerships to benefit our students and teachers, strengthen existing partnerships.
- Helping Noble community members prepare to advocate for their students at Chicago Public Schools Board of Education meetings, Springfield legislative meetings or other public hearings.
- Better connecting Noble campuses with elected offices through participation in constituent events (like health fairs, back to school fairs, toy drives etc.)
- Serving as point person for large mobilizations like trips to Springfield, press conferences etc.
- Using social media as an organizing tool and to elevate the voices of Noble students, families and alumni.
- Creating best-in-class collateral materials for support of above objectives.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about making sure every child in Chicago has access to a great education and is eager to bring people together for that goal.
- Listens well to build relationships and friendships quickly. Can easily manage and maintain communication with large numbers of personal contacts.
- Uses data to set goals, inform practice, manages time and results in highly independent team structure. (experience with database use for organizing a plus e.g. logging meetings, running lists etc.)
- Sees what needs to be done and does it. Works well with teammates and comfortable with improvising and adapting in fast-paced environment.
- Communicates clearly and concisely regardless of audience.
- Has a thorough understanding of Chicago education landscape, the work of Noble and the power and potential of our students, families, alumni and teachers.
- Is bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Access to a car strongly preferred.
- Has a BA or equivalent with strong academic record.
- This role is full time with a competitive salary and benefits package
- Grow an extensive network of connections with Chicago community leaders, elected officials and amazing Noble parents, students and staff.
- Work with a flexible schedule with diverse and high performing team to make a positive difference in Chicago.
- Computer, cell phone and other required resources provided.
Note: we are looking to hire two organizers – one to work with some of our southside campuses and one to work with some of our southwest, near west and northwest side campuses. Please specify in the application which role you would be interested in.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.