The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Student Information Analyst
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has now grown to serve over 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 18 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. Consistently, these campuses represent Chicago’s highest performing open-enrollment high schools (based on ACT as well as other critical outcomes like college graduation, etc.).
Noble is looking for a Student Information Analyst (SIA) to join our Network Support Team (NNST) —a team dedicated to providing world-class service via data to our 18+ schools. This individual reports to the Manager of Student Information. They will work within the NNST Data & Analytics Team. The SIA is accountable for providing Noble staff with world-class support on student enrollment data from Chicago Public Schools’ student information systems and Noble’s student information system, PowerSchool.
- Universal Enrollment Data: Starting in SY18, the Chicago Public Schools will roll out a universal high school application process that will replace the in-house application process at Noble. The SIA will become a knowledge expert on this universal application system and provide multiple NNST departments and all campuses with daily reporting and ad hoc analysis based on data recovered from this new application system. Ad hoc analysis will involve (at a minimum) providing predictions of student enrollment for the next school year, determining reliable sources of student applications and uncovering useful trends that can improve the student recruitment process at Noble.
- Student Data Quality: The SIA will use multiple data manipulation and cleaning techniques to improve the quality of data being entered into PowerSchool and CPS systems for incoming students. Dashboards/reporting will be developed by the team in order to share areas of concern with campuses so that the data can be corrected.
- Project & Support Ticket Overflow: When required, the SIA will provide assistance with support ticket overflow for the Data Team. As new projects arise for the Data Team to tackle, the SIA will be assigned areas of responsibility outside the scope of the responsibilities defined above.
- System Administration: The SIA will be a secondary administrator of our student information system, PowerSchool. They will cross-train with the Manager of Student Information to understand the critical components of PowerSchool and assist with administrative tasks and feature requests as needed.
- Service: Every member of Noble’s Support Team exists to serve the staff and students at our 18+ schools. A service mentality – including being flexible, adaptable, and humble – is an essential part of every position on the data team. The SIA is therefore responsible for displaying best-in-class service in all of their tasks.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel
- Excel Skills will be assessed with a test and data project
- Experience should be in a professional setting
- 1+ years of experience creating reports for consumption by non-experts
- Skill will be assessed with a data project
- 0.5 - 2 years of experience with SQL queries preferred
- Oracle and PostGres highly preferred, but not required
- Experience with an ERP or Student Information System is preferred
- PowerSchool front end experience is a plus
- PowerSchool’s Oracle back end experience is a big plus
- 1+ years of experience performing analysis outside of summary statistics is a plus
- Predictive analysis is a big plus
- 1+ years of experience with business intelligence/statistical analysis software (Tableau, STATA, SPSS, R or ERP experience) is a plus
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed in college is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm is mandatory (and a good sense of humor is a huge plus)
- Emotional intelligence is mandatory (e.g. the ability to handle complex challenges and puzzles as well as critical feedback in a positive and productive manner)
- Willingness to push the boundaries of their work by constantly seeking out new ideas and implementing them
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Technology
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
The Noble Network of Charter Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.