The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Founded in 1999, The Noble Network of Charter Schools serves over 12,000 students across 18 campuses in Chicago. Noble has been recognized for excellence nationally, winning the 2015 Broad Prize for the best charter school system in the country. Noble operates the highest-performing open-enrollment high schools in Chicago, sends more than 90% of its graduates to college each year, and has over 10,000 alumni in colleges and in the workforce across the nation. We believe that by preparing our students for success in college and in life, we can have a dramatic impact on public education broadly and brighten the future for our city and nation.
As a part of our ongoing effort to support our principals and campuses with more personalized and quicker cycles of feedback, we are adding an additional Lead Principal to join our school support team in the 2018-19 school year. Reporting to Noble’s Head of Schools, the Lead Principal directly oversees a portfolio of Noble campuses serving as a manager for the respective principals.
Key Expectations of a Lead Principal
- Student Outcomes
- Take personal responsibility for creating a portfolio of schools that achieves best-in-country results in academics, health and fitness, self-discipline, college persistence, and life outcomes for students
- In partnership with the Noble Network Support Team, develop the supports necessary for our principals, teachers, and staff to achieve ambitious goals for students
- Campus Leadership
- Directly manage a team of principals
- Facilitate meetings, professional development, and other structures established to build an ever-improving team of school leaders
- Foster a Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Culture
- Build upon and strengthen Noble’s commitment to ensuring that all people, regardless of background, feel welcome and included at Noble
- Work with school leaders to continually improve as leaders in DEI work
- External and Internal Stewardship
- Foster personal relationships with staff, students, families, and key constituents that strengthen our collective mission
- Work to improve communication within the network as a conduit of information and feedback
- Leadership Pathways
- Serve as a core facilitator of Noble’s various leadership programs
- Strengthen the intentionality and quality with which we build pipelines of diverse talent for current and future opportunities
- Families and Students
- Serve as a potential point of appeal for families on suspensions and other matters escalated past the campus level
- Ensure campuses are environments where families and students are involved in the community of running a great school
Ideal Candidate Experience and Traits
- A history of among best-in-country results leading a school and/or network of schools
- A history of achieving results as a manager of diverse teams of adults
- Alignment with Noble’s approach to high expectations and high support of students
- Exemplary embodiment of Noble’s core values of:
- diversity, equity, and inclusion
- humility and self-awareness
- Clear and deep commitment to Noble’s mission
The Noble Network of Charter Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.