The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Starting as one school in 1999 on Chicago’s near west side, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has grown to serve over 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 17 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. Recently ranked the #15 most transformational high school in the country by Newsweek, Noble sends over 90% of our seniors (84% of whom are first-generation college students) off to college every year.
The Community Organizer works with the Government and Community Affairs team to:
- Engage, organize and empower parents, alumni and community members to advocate for Chicago’s students and great schools.
- Prepare and implement strategy to engage parents, alumni, students and community organizations in pursuit of advancing Noble’s mission to deliver a high quality public education to students in Chicago.
- Provide best-in-class service to campuses in the securing of partnerships with community organizations and community leaders to support students of Noble.
- Provide direct coaching and support to campus-based staff who work with parent and community engagement.
- Engage in Chicago Public Schools Board of Education and other public meetings to support efforts of Noble students, families, teachers and alumni.
- Support team meetings with city and state level officials by elevating the voices of Noble students and families.
- Utilize social media as an organizing tool to elevate the voices of Noble students, families and alumni.
- Create best-in-class collateral materials to support above objectives.
- This role is full time and salaried.
- BA or equivalent with strong academic record.
- Experience in community organizing or field campaign management with strong record of quantifiable results preferred.
- Existing relationships with community partners on the near west and northwest sides of Chicago (specifically organizations and individuals within Humboldt Park, Noble Square, Hermosa, Logan Square, West Town, Belmont Cragin etc.)
- Strong record of goal setting, time management and results in autonomous team structure.
- Ability to improvise and adapt in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent understanding of urban education landscape, the work of Noble and the power and potential of our students, families, alumni and teachers.
- Strong connection with Chicago communities and/or ability to quickly build relationships with key stakeholders strongly preferred.
- Experience with database use for organizing (Salesforce expertise a plus) and social media platform management tools.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills. Spanish language proficiency preferred.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis