The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Head of Schools (2018-19 School Year)
Founded in 1999, The Noble Network of Charter Schools serves over 12,000 students across 18 campuses in Chicago. Noble has been recognized for excellence nationally, winning the 2015 Broad Prize for the best charter school system in the country. Noble operates the highest-performing open-enrollment high schools in Chicago, sends more than 90% of its graduates to college each year, and has over 10,000 alumni in colleges and in the workforce across the nation. We believe that by preparing our students for success in college and in life, we can have a dramatic impact on public education broadly and brighten the future for our city and nation.
At the end of this school year, and after a decade of great service to our students and staff, Noble’s Head of Schools will be transitioning out of the organization. As a result, we are seeking a new Head of Schools to lead our campuses going into the 2018-19 school year.
The Head of Schools at Noble is directly responsible for ensuring that all 18 Noble campuses are providing an optimal learning environment for students and staff. Reporting directly to the CEO and directly overseeing all principals and principal managers, the Head of Schools serves as the senior-most leader on the schools side of Noble.
Key Expectations of the Head of Schools
- Student Outcomes
- Take personal responsibility for creating a network of schools that achieves best-in-country results in academics, health and fitness, self-discipline, college persistence, and life outcomes for students
- In partnership with the Noble Network Support Team, develop the supports necessary for our principals, teachers, and staff to achieve ambitious goals for students
- Campus Leadership
- Directly manage the team of principals and principal managers
- Lead principal meetings, professional development, and other structures established to build a cohesive and ever-improving team of school leaders
- Foster a Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Culture
- Build upon and strengthen Noble’s commitment to ensuring that all people, regardless of background, feel welcome and included at Noble
- Continue to recruit, hire, and retain a diverse team of current and future campus leaders
- External and Internal Stewardship
- Foster personal relationships with staff, students, families, and key constituents that strengthen our collective mission
- Serve as a key external representative of Noble both locally and nationally
- Leadership Pathways
- Serve as a lead designer and facilitator of Noble’s various leadership pathway programs
- Strengthen the intentionality and quality with which we build pipelines of diverse talent for current and future opportunities
- Families and Students
- Serve as the point of appeal for families on suspensions and other matters escalated past the campus level
- Ensure campuses are environments where families and students are involved in the community of running a great school
Ideal Candidate Experience and Traits
- A history of among best-in-country results leading a school and/or network of schools
- A history of achieving results as a manager of large and diverse teams of adults
- Alignment with Noble’s approach to high expectations and high support of students
- Exemplary embodiment of Noble’s core values of:
- diversity, equity, and inclusion
- humility and self-awareness
- Clear and deep commitment to Noble’s mission
The Noble Network of Charter Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.