The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Associate, Alumni Career Office
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Noble opened in 1999 with the mission of preparing low income students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives, and to serve as a catalyst for education reform in Chicago. By making college a reality for our students, Noble is committed to changing the trajectory of the lives of our students and impacting their families for generations to come. Noble’s 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. One hundred percent of Noble students are accepted into college and over 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 6,400 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4 year college degree.
In 2016, Noble Network of Charter Schools created our Alumni Career Office to support Noble alumni in their career development, exposure, and advancement. Since then, the office has grown into a center of excellence for supporting first-generation college students & graduates in their college/professional careers. The associate position will report directly to the Director of the Career Office and will be responsible for several tasks & initiatives:
- Launch the Noble Alumni Association: Noble is planning to create an association for our 10,300+ (and growing) alumni. This position will help strategize and spearhead initiatives with our alumni representatives
- Manage social media & online accounts for the Career Office (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Drive, etc.)
- Provide 1:1 career development coaching (i.e. resumes edits, mock interviews, career advice, etc.) to Noble Alumni
- Facilitate workshops & professional trainings for college students
- Manage all jobs & internship opportunity announcements to alumni
- Build an alumni professional networking directory that our 10,300+ alumni and 12,000+ students can access
- Launch the Noble Alumni Career Office website
The ideal candidate will be results oriented, data focused, and have remarkable communication & coaching skills. Possessing a sense of humor is a huge plus as well. Other desirable qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree and 1 to 5 years of experience working in a high functioning, fast-paced organization
- A track-record of aggressively delivering measurable results and strong self-management
- Ability to multi-task, rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with program management & strategy; prior corporate business experience a plus
- A commitment to making a difference in the lives of underserved students as they approach independence
Note: Start date for this position is flexible until July 2018.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.