The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Immediate History Teacher - Hansberry College Prep
Be Noble. Teach History at Hansberry College Prep.
Hansberry College Prep opened its doors to 250 9th graders in August 2012. Our students follow The Bengal Way: Collaboration, Persistence, and Reflection. Staff and students have created a culture at HCP that promotes working together, accountability with a strong focus on discipline, critical thinking, and doing what is necessary to achieve goals. At HCP we celebrate our successes and work hard to overcome our challenges. Hansberry College Prep is an IB World School offering the Diploma Programme and was the first charter school in Illinois to offer IB.
We are looking for mission-aligned and data-driven teachers who will open the world of history to our students. This particular position is at Hansberry College Prep.
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.