The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Human Resources Manager
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Noble opened in 1999 with the mission of preparing low-income students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives, and to serve as a catalyst for education reform in Chicago. By making college a reality for our students, Noble is committed to changing the trajectory of the lives of our students and impacting their families for generations to come. Noble’s 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. One hundred percent of Noble students are accepted into college and over 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,000 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
The Noble Network is seeking a Human Resources Manager to help lead our HR Generalist team in daily service of our 1,300 teachers and staff. The Human Resources Manager reports to the Director of HR and is a key part of the human resources team that is charged with making Noble the best place for K-12 talent to join, be great for kids, and be happy.
The HR Manager serves as the primary leader of Noble’s team of generalists who together have a primary obsession of making sure we provide high-quality employee relations service to our teachers and staff. Reporting directly to Noble’s Director of Human Resources, the HR Manager’s day-to-day duties include (but are not limited to):
- Leading a team of 3-5 HR team members toward great customer service and results
- Developing relationships with school staff and leadership; serving as a trusted resource available to answer all levels of HR-related questions
- Both to model strong service and add capacity, the HR Manager will also have a small portfolio of school staff to serve as lead generalist/point of contact
- Serving as a primary lead with Noble’s portfolio of benefits and total rewards vendors; including serving as a key lead with our benefits broker
- Leading annual Open Enrollment process from beginning to end for the entire organization
- Analyze trends across all campuses and employee groups to set and regularly adjust as needed the team’s strategy on total rewards, employee experience, service, equity, and communication therein
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws
- A history of setting and achieving ambitious and measurable results professionally and academically
- 3+ years of successful management experience
- Professional experience in K-12 education
- A track record of strong service in HR; with a particularly strong record in employee relations and benefits/leave administration
- Experience working to create a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace
- A professional HR certification (PHR, SPHR) and/or clear commitment to learning the industry
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a rooted passion for Noble’s mission and approach
- Takes a servant-leadership approach to work and management
- Is driven by results and achievement
- Follows through, always
- Humbly reflects on personal weaknesses
- Laughs at themselves and makes the weather brighter for co-workers
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Noble has 18 campuses throughout Chicago; this role requires occasional travel to each of the campuses
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.