The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Certified School Nurse (2017-18 School Year)
The Certified Service Nurse position is housed under the Noble Network Academic Student Service’s Team. The Student Service’s team provides leanly operated and service-obsessed supports, so that Noble campuses can do the work that matters most: supporting and achieving results for students.
Specialized Services at Noble is comprised of a Related Service Provider team designed to provide support for a group of campuses’ special education teams. Some of the key operational functions include collaborating with a variety of groups and/or individuals, developing treatment plans for scholars, interpreting medical or outside reports, supporting multiple campus sites, responding to inquiries, being flexible, and maintaining compliance.
The Certified Service Nurse will report to Noble’s Director of Student Services.
- Coordinating screenings in vision, hearing, etc.
- Serving as a member of crisis team(s).
- Collaboration with Campus team members as an IEP team member.
- Providing health assessments and health history reports consistent with the recommendations of the IEP team.
- Providing referrals to parents, school personnel or community health resources for intervention and/or remediation.
- Participation in the development/implementation of health education.
- Interpreting the health status of students to parents and school personnel.
- Providing appropriate care to students.
- Participation in the maintenance of cumulative health records and identifies any missing information.
- Participation in home visits to assess the family needs as related to the child’s health—as needed.
- Participation in the development of health procedures, goals, and objectives and provides for emergency nursing management injuries/illnesses.
- Assisting in the control of communicable diseases—as needed.
- Providing health counseling to students concerns (i.e.,pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, substance abuse, etc.).
- Coordinating school and community health activities.
- Serving as a liaison between CPS and the Noble Network regarding health related policies, procedures, compliance requirements, etc.
- Engaging in research and evaluation of health services, programs, and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN Degree
- Illinois School Nurse Certification (Type 73)
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Understanding of industry standards
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis