The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Founded in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools has been recognized nationally for its success serving low-income students, sending more than 90% of graduates to college and becoming Chicago's highest performing non-selective high school. Currently, the Noble Network operates 18 high school campuses and 1 middle school campus throughout Chicago, serving over 12,000 students.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools supports the collective mission of all Noble campuses by accessing financial and human resources, administering programs and services that serve the common good of their students and employees, and seeking partnership opportunities for successfully opening additional campuses.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the staff accountant works closely with senior accountants and accounts payable staff. This position supports the Finance Department in all fiscal transactions.
- Prepares and analyzes information from various departments and campuses for input into the general ledger system.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payroll related entries using source information from HR system and reconciles related accounts.
- Assist senior staff with monthly and year-end financial close.
- Reconciles various bank accounts for the network on a monthly basis and maintains a daily cash forecast.
- Reconciles campus student billing accounts weekly.
- Enters credits and write offs according to policy. Maintains an excellent working relationship with campus contacts as it relates to campus operations.
- Participates in training sessions for finance related topics with new campus staff.
- Reviews reimbursement requests for federal and state awards for accuracy and records activity to the general ledger.
- Reviews claims to ISBE for meal reimbursements and records related revenue.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and financial analysis as needed.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all fiscal matters related to the organization
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3 or more years of accounting experience (both public and private, a plus)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite required
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge a plus
- Experience with educational or other nonprofit institution a plus
- Confident and friendly composure
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented
Statement of Non Discrimination
The Noble Network of Charter Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.