The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Assistant Director of College - Gary Comer College Prep
Be Noble. Be an Assistant Director of College at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students for success in college. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Our College team is responsible for equipping scholars with the knowledge, skills and exposure necessary to apply to, matriculate to and graduate from college. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Counsels a caseload of 30 - 50 seniors through the college process, including applications and financial aid
- Presents at and helps plan parent nights for 9th and 10th grades covering college knowledge, financial aid, and student profile
- Works closely with the Director of College to plan and implement 9-11th pre-college programming, including family meetings, advisory push-ins and lessons
- Plans all-grade level college campus visits
- Organizes and leads career exploration day for sophomores
- Manages advertisement and submission of applications for summer programs, including college fly-ins and enrichment programs for 9-12th graders
- Coordinates the campus branch of Summer of a Lifetime scholarship program, managing the SoL budget, matching students with summer college opportunities by area of interest and location, and maximizing a budget to fund as many scholars as possible
- Works specifically with all undocumented seniors to assist with the DACA process and the Pritzker Access Scholarship through the Noble Network, increasing affordable four-year options for these students
- 12 month position
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.