The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Dean of Students - Chicago Bulls College Prep
Be Noble. Ensure a Well-Rounded Educational Experience for Our Students at Noble.
Chicago Bulls College Prep opened in August of 2009 in the oldest public school building in Chicago. Now fully enrolled, Bulls serves 1,100 students and is the largest Noble campus. Our mission is to prepare students for college graduation and purposeful citizenship by exhibiting ambitious scholarship, self-discipline, honorable character, and a fit lifestyle. Hard work is the foundation of our success.
Noble believes in creating an experience that serves the whole child during their tenure at Noble to prepare them academically, socially, mentally, and emotionally for the college experience. Noble students must successfully complete 6 pillars of education in order to meet the necessary promotional and graduation requirements: academics, community service, discipline, attendance, enrichment, and fitness. The pillar in bold and the successful promotional advancement of the students toward these pillars is a primary responsibility of the Dean of Students. The Dean of Students serves as a member of the Support Team, and manages all pillar related pupil personnel services to ensure a proper educational experience and promotional opportunity for Noble’s students.
The Dean of Students is responsible for overseeing all activities and data relating to student experience. This may include, but is not limited to, testing administration, maintaining and creating current data systems at the campus, campus event planning such as field day, graduation, prom, homecoming and other school wide events, provide data analysis for teachers and other members of the Support Team, recommending building policies and procedures related to promotional pillars; supervision and maintenance of student records; management of student programming and services; student and teacher course/schedule creation; serve as the primary liaison for community outreach and partnering programs; management of daily calendar, schedule, space and resource assignments (before, during and after school); and works with “off-track” students, parents/guardians, and teachers to improve trajectory toward promotion. The Dean of Students will communicate and collaborate with school leadership to ensure alignment of overall vision.
- Excel mastery
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.