The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Computer Science Teacher
Be Noble. Teach Science at ITW Speer Academy.
ITW David Speer Academy, a Level 1+ STEM School, opened in 2014. Speer Academy offers a STEM-focused education that will expose our "innovators", as our students are known, to a variety of math, science, technology and engineering careers through our partnership with Illinois Tool Works.
We are looking for mission-aligned and data-driven teachers who will open the world of computer science to our students.
Introduction to Computer Science is a class offered to 10th and 11th graders that serves two major purposes:
- Exposure to the various paths of Computer Science (Information Technology, Web design and Development , Data Science, and Software Engineering) in order to guide students into more specified majors of either Applied Computer Science or Computer Programming.
- Laying the foundation of several different programming languages in order to prepare students for subsequent AP Computer Science Principles and AP Computer Science 1 courses.
- Passion for designing curriculum and curriculum materials to meet a wide-range of learners
- Strong Classroom Management Skills
- Love for working within a team to provide a strong computer science education to propel large numbers of students towards entering a growing STEM work force
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.