The Noble Network of Charter Schools
On-Call Substitute Teacher
Be Noble. Be an On-Call Substitute Teacher with Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students for success in college. For that reason, we are seeking mission-aligned and detail-oriented individuals to be On-Call Substitute Teachers when our staff cannot be present in their classrooms. This person would substitute for a campus on an as-needed basis.
NOTE: This application is a general application for On-Call Substitutes across the network. If you have specific location limitations, please include that in your application.
Applications submitted by October 5th will be considered for the Fall On-Call Substitute Training on October 18th.
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable our instructors to use 99% of their class periods for instruction.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building, including our On-Call Subs.
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A belief in Noble’s approach to high expectations
- An ability to quickly gain the respect and attention of students
- A history of personal achievement and focus on results
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Availability for an On-Call Sub Training on Thursday, October 18th
- Flexibility in receiving day-of requests and managing a variety of classrooms in a given day
*On-Call substitutes are paid $14/hour
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.