The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Immediate Custodian - Gary Comer College Prep
Gary Comer College Prep is seeking an experienced custodian to start immediately. The custodian’s primary job function is to maintain the facility and grounds of the school in an attractive, sanitary and safe condition for students, staff, and visitors. The custodian will also provide equipment and furniture arrangements for meetings, classroom activities, and special functions. Responsible for minimizing property damage, loss and liability exposure.
- Arranges furnishings and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for meetings, class room activities and events.
- Cleans all schools facilities as assigned (e.g. classrooms, offices, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, corridors, windows, walls, floors, locker rooms, etc.)
- Removes graffiti from all surfaces inside and outside the school and around the school grounds. Helps with repairs to facilities building, furnishings and equipment as assigned.
- Makes daily rounds outside the school to remove debris of all kinds, including papers, beverage containers, landscaping material.
- Performs snow and ice removal, all around the school, shoveling, using snow blowers and spreading de-icing materials as needed.
- Removes all food garbage from the cafeteria after each students meal periods, remove all food garbage to waste receptacles outside, replace liners and maintain garbage cans and gondolas in a clean, odor free condition.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. Cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops and buckets brooms etc.)
- Prepares facility for daily operations as may be needed (e.g. opening gates, unlocking doors, sweeping/mopping, removing snow, salting entrances and sidewalks etc.,)
- Responds to and reports immediate safety and or operational concerns (e.g. light bulbs out, facility damages, injured or ill students, unauthorized personnel, alarms etc.)
- Secures facility and grounds as needed, (e.g. lock doors, turn out lights, unplug electrical equipment as assigned, etc.) to minimize property damage, equipment loss, and potential liability to the school.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Proven ability to exhibit strong critical thinking skills
- Consistently exhibits a service mentality, including being flexible, adaptable and humble
- Experience working with hand and power tools
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs and will occasionally be required to lift over 50 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and stand/walk much of the day
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.