The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Immediate 9th Grade Language & Composition Teacher - Gary Comer College Prep
Be Noble. Teach ELA at Gary Comer College Prep.
In August 2008, Gary Comer opened its doors with the mission of being the best high school in the country at graduating low-income minority students from college. In June 2012, our hard work and dedication was realized when our founding class of 101 seniors graduated with 100% college acceptance at four-year universities. In order to develop citizenship and passion, we require community service and enrichment activities. Our goal is that each of our students is able to lead an ethical, healthy, safe, and financially stable life. With enough Grit, Zest, Optimism, and Gratitude, anything is possible.
We are looking for mission-aligned and data-driven teachers who will open the world of language and composition to our students.
What You Can Expect from Noble
- Strong School Culture: We have structures in place that enable you to teach 99% of your class period. You have autonomy to teach what you want to teach. We trust you to do what is best for students. If you ask for support, you will receive it. The work is exceptionally challenging, but it is also the most rewarding.
- Meaningful Relationships: Our people genuinely care for and enjoy working with each other. We focus on building strong, meaningful relationships with every student and family. Everyone works with the shared mission of getting students ready for college.
- High Expectations: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building. From ensuring we have working copiers to responding to all emails you send, we are obsessed with following through on the basics that every teacher deserves.
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.