VTC Technician III
Position: VTC Technician III
Location: Colorado Springs
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
In support of client events, install (to include design and test), operate, and maintain video conferencing equipment. This position is pending contract funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As requested, provide video conferencing event planning packages consisting of test plans, engineering assessments, configuration drawings, accreditation documentation (as required) and other applicable documents or information
- Monitor the status of scheduled and ad hoc conferencing bridged events to ensure availability and quality of service
- Configure and monitor video conferencing scheduled and ad hoc event bridges
- Schedule conferencing events and collaboration sessions utilizing scheduling tools
- Provide technical operational support in the client's auditorium. Operate audio/visual equipment to include movie projectors, cameras, lighting, curtains and other stage systems, and peripheral equipment
- Provide VTC facilitation support in other locations
- Provide VTC and collaboration system facilitation to other users
- Provide VTC and A/V operational support and facilitation within cleared facilities
- Maintain the video conferencing-unique hardware, software, and peripherals. (e.g., TelePresence, CODEC, AV, Gateways, TMS, Monitors, Projectors, AMX Panels).
- Utilize the existing incident management tracking tool (e.g., Remedy) for all related maintenance activities
- Maintain equipment per Information Assurance guidance (e.g., the CERT IAVM and DISA DVSG)
- Troubleshoot and resolve collaboration and business application incidents
- Perform preventative maintenance services in accordance with the manufacturer's recommended preventative maintenance schedules and SOPs
- Execute configuration management plans, processes, and procedures
- Maintain client collaboration systems and all associated VTC peripheral equipment associated with the client auditorium, and future operations/control centers and collaboration systems, and all associated peripheral equipment to successfully execute video conferencing and/or collaboration events
- Maintain/utilize manufacturer service and/or maintenance agreements
- Coordinate, integrate, implement (including test, and accept), future collaboration services and equipment
- Manage and utilize COMSEC materials and procedures to ensure video conferencing systems are operational and properly keyed to enable secure Video Conference events
- Maintain accountability of electronic keying material and COMSEC Controlled Item (CCI) equipment
- In conjunction with site security processes, comply with access control procedures for facilities housing Video Conferencing systems
- Maintain currency with advancing technologies and provide recommendations for new technologies, including technology refresh, to the Government
- Prepare, review, coordinate, update, and submit DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) supporting documentation.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or related experience required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Audio Visual industry
- Individual must possess the following skills: in-depth knowledge of installation, operation, scheduling and support of desktop and conference room VTC systems in a secure government or military environment including ISDN and IP, Inverse Multiplexers, CODECs and H.320/H.323 protocols.
- Working knowledge of AV concepts such as acoustics, lighting, aspect ratios, font size versus distance, scan rates, video standards and transmission systems.
- Working knowledge of TEMPEST standards and IA concerns for multi-classification multimedia systems.
- Must possess an extremely meticulous and organized working style and have an ability to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills experience is important, responsibilities will include extensive team and customer contact
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office products in required
- Proficiency with Computer aided Drafting/Computer Aided Drawing application (Autocad/Visio) is required
- Understanding electrical current (a plus)
- Tandberg/Cisco systems installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with AMX Control system installation. Ability to Install control System Hardware and Download Control System Source Code Ability to troubleshoot existing source code.
- Experience with Audio Digital Signal Processing Equipment (Biamp and ClearOne). Ability to Download DSP Configurations. Ability to troubleshoot DSP Configurations.
- Lutron lighting and shade system installation (programming a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with computer network configuration
- Experience with KIV Secure SystemsRelevant Certifications:
- CEDIA Certification a plus.
- CTS Certification a plus.
- CTS-D Certification a plus.
- CTS-I Certification a plus.ADA Specifications:
- Occasionally lifting of 5-10 lbs.
- Regularly required to talk and or hear.
- Extended working hours.
- Occasional expected for this position.
- Will be required to use the computer screen for extensive periods of time.
- NMR Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V