Software Developer II
Position: Software Developer II
Location: Huntsville, AL
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
** Hiring Bonus of $2,500 available **
Develops .NET code in support of SharePoint 2013 based solutions including components such as web parts, workflows, list/library/site definitions, event receivers, web part pages, etc. This position is pending contract funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops .NET code in support of SharePoint 2013 based solutions including components such as web parts, workflows, list/library/site definitions, event receivers, web part pages, etc.
- Ensures solutions are developed in compliance with client standards, e.g. governance plan, etc.
- Consults on the design of SharePoint solutions based on requirements specifications.
- Develops and designs unit test plans and resolves software bugs.
- Ensures solutions are developed to maximize the built-in capabilities of the SharePoint platform in order to minimize the risks and costs associated with custom code development.
- Ensures solutions are developed to maximize the capabilities of available third party extensions, e.g. iDashboards, Nintex, etc., while minimizing the risks and costs associated with custom code development.
- Leverages all tools available to develop SharePoint solutions, including Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath and any available third party solution development tools.
- Works closely with end-users, customers, solution architects and other stakeholders to coordinate plans and activities that affect the solution.
- Facilitates an efficient development process based on agile principles, and is an advocate for agile principles and the further development of efficiencies in the software development process.
- Communicates and coordinates with management, solution architects, and operations staff to address technical issues, e.g. solution design or development issues, bugs, etc.
- Ensures developed code is versioned and proper source control is practiced.
- Perform other related assignments as needed.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience in developing solutions based on the Microsoft .NET platform;
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions based on the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 or 2013 platforms;
- Experience in developing solutions on the SharePoint 2010 platform required (additional experience with 2013 preferred)
- Experience leveraging Microsoft technologies, including ASP.NET, C#, SharePoint, and SQL Servers, to improve business processes and practices;
- Prefer experience with jQuery, AJAX, XSLT, JSON, Silverlight and SQL Server database design, HTML, CSS e.g. views, stored procedures, normalization, etc.
- Prefer experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ability to interact with end users and translate business language into technical requirements;
- BS in Computer Science Preferred
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with team members.Relevant Certifications:
- ITIL Foundation, preferred.
- MCPD: ASP.NET and/or MCPD: Web Developer – preferred
- MCTS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Application Development – preferred
- MCTS: MS Office SharePoint Server 2007, Application Development – preferred
- MCPD: SharePoint 2010, Application Developer – preferredADA Specifications:
- Occasionally lifting of 5-10 lbs.
- Regularly required to talk and or hear.
- Extended working hours.
- No travel expected for this position.
- Will be required to use the computer screen for extensive periods of time.
NMR Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V