Position: Program Manager
Location: Arlington, VA
NMR is seeking an experienced Program Manager to lead a large geographically dispersed physical security program for the U.S Marshal Services (USMS). Successful candidates will have proven experience and expertise leading geographically dispersed multi-disciplinary teams in a government environment.
- Planning, conducting, and oversight of all work performed under the contract
- Organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions, involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks (physical security, acquisition, IT support, service desk)
- Maintains and manages the client relationship
- Creates a culture of innovation, communication, and transparency
- Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs
- Establishes and maintains technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organizes and delegates responsibilities to subordinates
- Establish Risk and Quality Management programs
- Work closely with customer leadership to improve all aspects of program management and execution with flexibility to identify and implement recommendations to improve overall effectiveness of the program.
- Serve as the primary contact for matters involving overall performance, cost, and schedule with the authority and resources to leverage NMR and teammate resources.
- Preparing and briefing monthly activity and status reports to include maintaining constant awareness of and providing recommendations to mitigate any cost, schedule, or other risk.
- U.S Citizenship
- Favorable background investigation
- 10 years of proven experience managing a geographically dispersed security program
- Certified in Project Management by a qualified certifying authority (government agency certification program or certification institute such as the Project Management Institute)
- Physical Security Professional (PSP) certification may be used to substitute project management certification.
- Experience leading contract management (contract status reporting, project reviews, deliverables, briefings, etc.); financial Management (monthly financial reports, estimates to complete, burn rates, etc.); recruiting/staffing activities; and, managing complex performance management and assessment efforts.
- Proven experience with staffing and retention efforts
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in more than three of the following areas:
- Working experience within the USMS in a senior position (e.g. PM, former USMS official) within the past five years
- Security technologies
- Installation and maintenance of security systems
- Asset inventory management
- Government acquisition processes
- Use of collaboration tools (e.g. SharePoint)
- Familiarity with IT security systems and processes (e.g. Risk Management Framework (RMF))
- Experience managing a service desk
- Certified security engineer credentials (professional engineer is ideal)
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Work site: The primary work location will be at the USMS HQ in Arlington, VA, with remote sites across the U.S.
- Travel: Considerable travel may be required (estimated 25%).
NMR Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V