Audio Visual Engineer
Position: Audio Visual Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Install (to include design and test), operate, and maintain video conferencing equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As requested, provide video conferencing event planning packages consisting of test plans, engineering assessments, configuration drawings, accreditation documentation (as required) and other applicable documents or information.
- Maintain extensive team and customer contact.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or related experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Audio Visual industry.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of installation, operation, scheduling and support of desktop and conference room VTC systems in a secure government or military environment including ISDN, Inverse Multiplexers, CODECs and H.320/H.323 protocols.
- Must possess a working knowledge of AV concepts such as acoustics, lighting, aspect ratios, font size versus distance, scan rates, video standards and transmission systems.
- Must possess a working knowledge of TEMPEST standards and IA concerns for multi-classification multimedia systems.
- Must be a team leader and possess excellent leadership qualities.
- Must possess an extremely meticulous and organized working style and have an ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills experience are important.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office products is required.
- Proficiency with Computer aided Drafting/Computer Aided Drawing application (AutoCAD/Visio) is required.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand system technical drawings.
- Understanding electrical current required.
- Experience with Tandberg/Cisco systems installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Expertise with AMX Control system installation.
- Ability to install control system hardware and download control system source Code.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing source code.
- Ability to create control system code.
- Expertise with Audio Digital Signal Processing Equipment (Biamp and ClearOne).
- Ability to download, troubleshoot, and create DSP configurations.
- Experience with Lutron lighting and shade system installation.
- Knowledge and experience with computer network configuration as well as experience with KIV Secure Systems.
- CEDIA Certification a plus.
- CTS-D Certification a plus.
- Occasionally lifting of 5-10 lbs.
- Regularly required to talk and or hear.
- Extended working hours.
- No travel expected for this position.
- Will be required to use the computer screen for extensive periods of time.
NMR Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V