Product Manager - NICE Workforce Management (WFM) and Employee Experience Mgmt (EEM) Solutions
As an EEM Product Manager, you will define and bring to market best of breed Workforce Optimization products. You will create industry leading products using your experience with Agile product development, technical knowledge, ability to quickly develop EEM and Workforce management product expertise within Nice and ability to analyze and synthesize feedback from customers and prospects. You will write requirements, use cases, define buyer & user personas, and the go-to-market strategy. You will also serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for the EEM offering.
- Define technical and feature requirements for a new EEM product
- Continuous delivery of requirements with prioritized business needs and justification supported by business case, market research, and new/existing customers' feedback.
- Partner with Engineering to evaluate and select new technology for the EEM product
- Own and communicate the product and solution roadmap.
- Ensure CSAT and value realization of products.
- Work cross functionality to define target pricing and got-to-market strategy
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from start to finish; strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Follow agile process with engineering to develop epochs, user stories and manage backlog
- Participate and assist in go-to-market planning working with all stakeholders to execute
- Use Agile Product Management methodology--Conduct requirements gathering, reviews, and design review meetings with business stakeholders, domain experts and technical architects --Build, document, and execute user stories, use cases, test scenarios, test cases--Ensure accuracy and completeness of requirements, analysis and specification deliverables --Facilitate productive interaction between domain experts and technical resources --Participate in the analysis and validation of solution specifications
- BA/BS Computer Science or related technical degree required
- MBA strongly preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience with and knowledge of: - Agile Product Management - Creating and maintaining a product roadmap - R&D teams, processes and methodology
- Enterprise (B2B) software product management experience necessary. Contact Center or WFM experience is “nice to have”
- Strong technical skills and ability to partner with Engineering on design, architecture and functionality decisions
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products
- Experience in managing cloud software products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape to appropriately define and position products and services.
- Experience effectively using influence, negotiation and relationship building techniques to drive product decisions and effective execution
- Current on technology trends, competitive data and market innovation within the enterprise software industry
NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE) is the worldwide leading provider of software solutions that enable organizations to take the next best action in order to improve customer experience and business results, ensure compliance, fight financial crime, and safeguard people and assets.
NICE’s solutions empower organizations to capture, analyze, and apply, in real time, insights from both structured and unstructured Big Data. This data comes from multiple sources, including phone calls, mobile apps, emails, chat, social media, video, and transactions.
NICE solutions are used by over 25,000 organizations in more than 150 countries, including over 80 of the Fortune 100 companies.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.