Group Manager - Engineering
Group Manager of Engineering
About the company
At NICE, we protect people’s money, ensure their safety and improve their experiences. Many of the world’s leading companies and organizations are expected to manage these three critical elements of modern living. To do so, they are tapping into the power of data, which has become ubiquitous in both business and life. These organizations turn to NICE to operationalize this data to improve business performance, increase operational efficiency, prevent financial crime, ensure compliance, and enhance safety and security.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in these fields, providing solutions which turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics on these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what’s happening in real time, they can predict what will be.
NICE has around 7,000 employees and a presence in more than 150 countries. Our team is proud of their many achievements. NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.
The Group Manager of Engineering plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the organization and manages a team of engineers and managers. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate should have strong project management skills and be able to utilize best practice engineering methods and provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives. Guides the team to follow the best software development and testing processes and tools to ensure best quality of products.
This position will hire, lead and manage a group software engineers that designs, develops, releases, maintains, troubleshoots and debugs software applications. This position will provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management. This position will lead a team of managers to develop the best quality products.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building products that are used by millions of users and who will lead a team of highly qualified software engineers and technical managers.
- Work with the line of business and managers to define the product roadmap and strategy
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Work closely with product manager, technical architect, QA engineers, Technical writers, and software engineers to define/develop features - big and small for our products.
- Actively guide and mentor the team to develop product features.
- Drive and impact all current processes related to software development and improvements across the org as necessary.
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, and promotions, etc.
- Play major role in envisioning and execution of next gen plans (e.g. architecture) to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the R&D departments goals and objectives.
- Manage new product development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Develop performance-oriented culture
- Promote innovation
- Ensure best software quality of products
Skills and Experience required
- 18+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 4+ years of experience in managing managers and their teams of software developers and testers.
- Proven track record of managing the development of enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience of working in a global product software company for enterprise customers (Fortune 100 companies)
- Experience of working abroad is desirable
- Deep experience with Agile/SCRUM/SAFe software development methodologies.
- Experience of product development using Java technologies/.NET Technologies
- Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Effective People Management skills - Holds team members accountable and inspires, motivates, develops, and engages team to create strong morale and spirit; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue, and creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Managerial Courage - Provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; is not afraid to make difficult changes to the team when necessary
- Drive for Results - Constantly and consistently one of the top performers; Pushes self and others for results; change agent; innovative; continuous improvement mindset;
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; drives innovation
- Change Management - Ready and capable to embrace change; guides employees through change;
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Must have a strong work ethic and be assertive and positive;
- Strong time management and organization skills - able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Builds constructive and solid working relationships across the organization;
- BE/B.Tech in computer science/Electronics
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.