Expert Software Engineer
The Expert Software Engineer will also mentor junior staff members and may be asked to propose cross disciplinary architectural solutions to difficult problems. Travel to other corporate sites may also be required.
As a Expert Software Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Working on SAAS solution running on AWS cloud infra
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Code and test projects.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Create automation to ensure quality.
- Deliver high quality, sustainable, maintainable code.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Works with system analysts and product management for the successful completion of a project.
- Leads team or mentors' other developers as needed.
- Provides critical technical capabilities to the team and evangelizes those skills to others.
- Optimize elastic search data structures & indexes as part of performance activity
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required.
- 8+ years' experience in software development
- At least 2 years' experience developing & defining data models with elastic search – MUST
- Well established technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience with developing micro services, lambda and multi-threaded software.
- Experience with web services
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills Working knowledge of unit testing
- Working knowledge of user stories or use cases
- Working knowledge of design patterns or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented software design.
- Team Player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience developing with DynamoDB or equivalent
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with automation/testing tools
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development processes
- Experience(s) as a technical or team lead or equivalent experience
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.