Sr. Software Engineer - DevOps
Sr. Software Engineer - DevOps
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Sr. Software Engineer works as an operational resource to help ensure service availability, identifying and automating processes and collaborating with other teams to solve problems. This includes assisting and enabling others to utilize the solutions we support.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Collaborate with other teams to identify automation requirements and design a solution to satisfy these
- Work to create, implement and support standards
- Assist in the automation of manual processes
- Continuously look to make improvements in automation, reliability, and efficiency (time and cost)
- Communicate ideas effectively to technical and non-technical peers, management and customers
- Coordinates and works on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects.
- Participates in planning long- and short-term project efforts.
- Identifying ways to monitor that solutions are working normally.
- Leads or provides technical direction for the planning, execution, and validation of work.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to team members.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation for supported solutions.
- Follow established processes when performing work or help document and create processes as necessary.
- Document troubleshooting steps and results in appropriate locations for historical access.
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and standards.
- Implements or coordinates remediation required by audits/assessments, and documents as necessary
- Provide on call support for high priority incidents
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- 7+ years of production IT experience
- 5+ years of experience working within public or private cloud environments.
- 4+ years of experience working in a Windows and Linux based environment including both production and test systems
- 5+ years automating manual processes.
- 6+ years communicating in English in a technical field.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with management, engineers, architects, developers, etc.
- Can work on complex issues which may span multiple applications or environments.
- Proactively engages with peers to discuss issues and keep stakeholders updated.
- Coordinates work with peers
- Shares discoveries and best practices
- Learns from others within the team and on other teams
- Self-Driven. Proactively looks for ways to improve
- Able to work with little supervision and complete tasks and projects as directed.
- Great written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong customer focus
- Experience thoroughly testing solutions before making them available to others
Experience working with international team members
Experience with one or more of the following: C#, C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Shell
Container Experience with Amazon ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, and/or Docker
Automation Experience with one or more of the following: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, TrueSight Automation, VMware vRealize
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.