The Product Manager has a key role in transitioning the Quality Central and Nexidia Analytics product strategy, vision and roadmap, into detailed requirements and a committed product plan, jointly with R&D. The role requires a high-energy individual who excels at working with cross-functional teams in a technical space and is comfortable in leading a team effort, as well as influencing others to achieve company objectives.
The Product Manager owns the product plan, driven from the product roadmap. He/she will create a prioritized backlog based on high level product requirements and will clearly describe the product backlog items. Work closely with R&D to explain the motivation and customer needs behind the requirements, own the backlog grooming sessions and be the team’s SME for the product, customers’ needs and market.
He/she leads certain milestones in the product's lifecycle such as planning and integrations, execution, release and rollout and end-of-life planning.
Together with Product Marketing, R&D and other members of the Product Management team, the Product Manager will help the company develop a product roadmap that ensures Quality Central and Nexidia Analytics offers highly competitive solutions to its customers.
The ideal candidate has a background in requirements definition (Agile), as well as experience working on cross-functional teams and interfacing with customers. This may be from prior roles as a Product Owner, Product Manager, Business Analyst, User Experience professional, or others. This individual has demonstrated ability to grasp, and then articulate, business and technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences. The ideal candidate can influence various parts of an organization with the necessary excellent interpersonal skills to quickly gather and distill information, build relationships within the organization, and champion the customers’ ideas and products primarily to internal audiences. He/she is the “go-to“ expert for the product. The ideal candidate also possesses strong technical and business analysis skills in order to quickly assess and remain abreast of the state of the industry. This includes synthesis of any promising new technologies, new applications of technology, standards activities, changes in buyer behavior and expectations, competitive vendor positioning or moves, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with partners, customers and CEA Line-Of-Business sales to understand business’ needs with regard to quality and analytics, across channels, with the contact center;
• Develop and maintain appropriate “Product Requirements Backlogs” detailing the business and technical requirements for each release;
• Assist with the development of the functional/technical design for the features and functions called for by the product requirements;
• Manage relationships across functional groups and influence cross-functional groups without direct hierarchical ownership of teams or products;
• Prioritize and update defects, improvements and enhancements; handle simple escalations.
• Design / Storyboard and develop product demonstration scenarios within the application;
• Communicate the value of the Nexidia and Quality Central solutions to a wide range of audiences, including internal employees (primarily sales, services and support), customers, prospects, and partners.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience with software product management, product owner, professional services, or in another relevant role;
• Bachelor’s Degree (Math, Science, or Engineering preferred) - MBA preferred;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Demonstrated experience as a persuasive and persistent advocate for customer needs;
• Excellent cross-functional team leader with project management skills;
• Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and work in a self-directed manner;
• Ability to thrive in a changing environment;
• Ability to communicate comfortably across all levels of corporate structure;
• Ability to work with sales executives and assist with opportunities as subject matter expert, especially when offerings are new to market;
• Fast learner with ability to educate her/himself on relevant technologies
- Ability to remain focused and calm under pressure
- Experience working in an agile delivery methodology organization
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Contact Center Business experience preferred;
- User experience / Graphic design skills a plus, but not required
Sponsorship not offered
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.