Location: Taguig City, Philippines
The Database Administrator will ensure SQL Server database performance and availability in a 24x7 environment.
As a Database Administrator, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Install, configure, upgrade, monitor, maintain and manage multiple SQL Server databases.
- Perform database and application tuning.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Implement and maintain database security
- Create, maintain and monitor SQL Server replication.
- Perform code review and provide consultation to development teams.
- Provide 24x7 support in an on call rotation with other staff members.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Review, approve and create database logical and physical designs.
- Integrate third party software and databases with corporate databases.
- Train other staff as necessary.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years maintaining SQL Server mission critical databases
- 4+ years TSQL programming
- 1+ years implementing and maintaining database replication
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical people
- Problem solving skills are a must
- Ability to meet deadlines
- HP Blade and EVA SAN optimization
- Veritas Net Backup
- NET technologies
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.