Nexidia a NICE Analytics Company and the developer and provider of the most effective phonetic-based technology for audio and video search, is looking for an exceptional software architect to play a key role in the development of its award-winning enterprise analytics product. This will be a demanding position, but will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to work with some of the most exciting, leading edge technology in the industry. Candidates should expect an interview process that tests their practical knowledge, problem solving abilities, and interpersonal skills.
Key Departmental Objectives
The Nexidia R&D team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing Nexidia’s suite of software products. In particular, this team will be responsible for modernizing key areas of our award winning, web based enterprise analytics solution and supporting existing infrastructure during the transition.
Research new techniques, establish and help enforce technical standards. Collaborate with product teams and implement critical product components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and troubleshoot highly scalable web based applications.
- Initiate, plan, and conduct research to mitigate technical risk to long-term product goals.
- Identify patterns of engineering debt. Communicate techniques and recommendations to remedy such debt.
- Document detailed designs for complex or high-risk components.
- Provide advice on design and implementation strategies when consulted by software engineers.
- Provide production implementations of critical product components that require expert attention.
- Monitor and review others’ implementations of high-risk components.
- Identify, document, and help to monitor and enforce project technical standards; for example, those covering design patterns and source control.
- These bullets are simply a brief summary and do not entail all duties and responsibilities of the Architect role.
- Understands and adheres to Nexidia compliance standards as they appear in the Employee Handbook, Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy (as appropriate).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid computer science, software engineering theory and methodologies.
- Experience identifying long term technical risk.
- Ability to creatively apply state of the art techniques to novel architectural problems.
- Ability to document prescriptive technical approaches.
- Willingness to mentor other software engineers.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Competent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment or on individual tasks.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Hands-on experience designing and building scalable RESTful APIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math/Statistics or equivalent experience.
- 10 to 15 years related experience and/or training in Software Engineering including any of the .NET based languages such as C# or VB.net
- Experienced with agile software development processes and practices
- Experienced with operating systems, Integrated Development Environments (IDE), and Version Control Software
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Physical Demands: Ability to sit for extended periods of time and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components will be required.
Work environment: Professional office environment that is entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, team-oriented, inspiring, diverse and challenging with dedication to creating and developing cutting-edge business solutions for our customers. Working conditions are normal for an office environment; work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.