Senior Specialist Software Architect
- Set the end-to-end technical direction for the team, including platform, technology, tools, and infrastructure
- Communicate architecture in an effective and professional manor.
- Drive technical decisions, solve tough problems, and coordinate multiple project execution.
- Ensure that the Development coding quality standards and review processes are followed to ensure proper security and high availability standards.
- Monitor the quality of code that is delivered by your team through reviews and other processes.
- Foster strong team work environment and create passion and energy within the team.
- Be an active participant in the development leadership team ensuring corporate success.
- Represent yourself and the department with professionalism and competence.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times
- Overall responsibility for the product architecture, establish well architected and designed solution.
- Work with several scrum teams and be actively involved in the design of multiple features in parallel.
- Mentor and develop engineers at all levels, Be involved in hiring great engineers.
- Establish and manage engineering processes, best practices, and continuous improvement aligned with Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Participate in envisioning next gen plans to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization.
- Drive the architecture of a project/product line, including authoring functional and design specifications, scalability, security, data flow, and interface.
- Contribution to the strategic vision of inContact business unit.
- Identify impact of new technologies on our products and communicate them to development teams.
- Partner with customers/prospects on product functionality and future direction; participate in industry briefings.
- Consider customer impact; when considering alternatives, evaluate whether something we are asking the customer to do would be reasonable. Attitude of quality, diligence and thoroughness.
- Conduct architectural and design reviews.
- Evaluate new technologies/innovations and industry trends.
- Drive business value intentionally through architectural innovation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Systems, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
· 10+ years of software development experience, at least 5 of them developing in SaaS services or enterprise software
· Experience as a Cloud based architecter
· Experience in full stack Microsoft C# development
· Experience in building applications and platforms using Amazon Web Services
· Experience developing RESTful web services
· Excellent problem solving abilities.
· Excellent decision-making skills.
· Working Knowledge of design patterns.
· Working Knowledge of Agile development processes
· Strong communication skils
· Strong quality orientation
· Expert-level, hands-on coding experience in C# or other Microsoft Technologies.
· Experience in data modeling and database design with both SQL and NoSQL databases
· Experience designing multi-tiered service-oriented applications and microservices and supporting them in production
· Experience designing and developing multi-tenant SaaS-based solutions; experience building shared Platform-as-a-Service services a plus
· Proven ability to educate and mentor junior engineers on principles of distributed systems and contemporary design patterns for building microservices
· Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructure and technologies such as Azure and AWS
· Demonstrated ability to influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
· Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
· Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
· Experience using Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Test Automation
· Ability to work with remote teams
· Experience with TFS.
· Experience with telecommunications/telephony.
· Experience with call centers.
· Experience with Azure
· Experience with Docker and .Net Core
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.