SECOPS ENGINEER, PUBLIC SAFETY
This is a rare opportunity to work with an innovative product launching in an area new to cloud services. The primary focus is deploying, maintaining and supporting state of the art cloud-deployed solutions for digital evidence management for Public Safety customers worldwide.
Assisting product teams to successfully introduce new products/versions. Champion supportability and preventative action on behalf of our customers.
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES:
- Provisioning, deploying, monitoring, patching and upgrading enterprise cloud software. Working closely with the development team to ensure the successful deployment of software packages.
- Support of production systems and replication of customer issues on test systems to diagnose and repair without jeopardizing customer data or operations.
- Defining and implementing regular maintenance and health monitoring procedures.
- Work effectively with staff in all areas of the business, escalating when appropriate to management and/or R&D. Take into account technical and commercial relationships with end-users, partners and service providers.
- Gradually take over the responsibility of SecOps Team Lead
- Participate in a 24-7 Out of Hours call out rota.
- The successful candidate is likely to have higher education qualifications in science or technology subjects. A degree-level qualification is desirable.
- The ideal candidate is a rapid learner, self-motivated and a good communicator and problem solver. A high quality of work is also particularly important.
- Relevant technical customer support experience preferred, particularly within a Public Safety environment. Understanding what represents good ‘customer service’ and how to deliver it is essential.
- Experience in supporting web based software provided as a service
- Experience with scripting in Linqpad, Powershell or similar
- Experience administering databases (Microsoft SQL) and basic querying
- Knowledge of Windows server and client technology
- Knowledge of network principles (IP addressing, firewall rules, network security groups etc)
- Efficient, effective and respectful communication skills both with customers and within internal departments. Including;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good listener, able to identify and validate assumptions
- Able to use effective questioning to confirm understanding of a customer problem and then provide help to solve it
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems and reproducing issues in a local environment
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritize and switch between varied tasks
- Focused and calm under pressure
- Careful record keeping
- Able to use initiative and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be able to obtain security clearances (CJIS)
- Experience of Programming (e.g. C#)
- Scripting experience in Linqpad, Powershell or similar
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Postman or Fiddler
- Understanding of .Net applications
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System
Be willing to travel occasionally to customer or partner sites worldwide, sometimes at short notice. Be flexible with working hours when needed to address critical or urgent matters.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.