Our Compliance Line of Business (LoB) is seeking an R&D (Engineering) Director. This role is responsible for the software development of our suite of trade, communications, suitability and conduct surveillance solutions for the financial services and banking industry.
We are looking for a strong experienced team leader – R&D Director to lead our team at IL. The R&D Director plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities within the organization and manages a team of managers, engineers, quality analysts and program managers. This leader will work with colleagues in the SURVEIL-X R&D team in India, and ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
This position will hire, lead and manage a group of software engineers that designs, develops, releases, maintains, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for the Compliance line of business. This position will provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Work with Product Management and R&D Managers to define the product roadmap and strategy
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Work closely with product manager, technical architect, QA engineers, Technical writers, and software engineers to define/develop features - big and small for our products
- Actively guide and mentor the team to develop product features
- Drive and impact all current processes related to software development and improvements across the org as necessary
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, performance management, and promotions
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the R&D departments goals and objectives.
- Manage new product development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Develop performance-oriented culture
- Promote innovation
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 5+ years’ experience in managing managers and their teams of software developers and testers.
- Deep experience with Agile/SCRUM/SAFe software development methodologies.
- Experience of product development using Java technologies
- Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Finance/Compliance Domain expertise – An Advantage.
- Effective People Management skills - Holds team members accountable and inspires, motivates, develops, and engages team to create strong morale and spirit; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue, and creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Builds constructive and solid working relationships across the organization;
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Team player
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.