Junior Data Engineer
The Data Engineer will be part of the Routing Analytics R&D team, which provides the data sources and analytical tools used to help our clients derive maximum value from our Behavioral Routing solution.
Routing Analytics Data Engineer responsibilities may include:
- Developing, testing, and deploying changes to our analysis apps
- Enhancing and configuring our data pipelines
- Troubleshooting issues that occur with existing deliverables
- Maintaining existing or developing new reports that integrate into our service catalog
- Ensuring support documentation and training materials remain up-to-date
- Working in a scrum team to complete product features each sprint
Technologies you may encounter:
- MSSQL, T-SQL
- Tableau, MicroStrategy
- Hadoop, Spark, Airflow, Ansible
- Python, C#, .NET Core
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Postman
As you can see from the list above, this role provides the opportunity to become proficient in a wide tech stack. Because of the data-centric culture and rapid growth of NICE Mattersight, a rich career path exists for the Data Engineer within Mattersight.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a BI reporting specialist, DBA, or data-centric software developer
- Solid experience with RDBMS applications (SQL Server preferred) OR the Hadoop ecosystem
- Good communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Exposure to the concepts of data warehouse design
- Exposure to ETL and data integration processes
Mattersight is looking for junior candidates with work experience in a technical role, specifically in a data-focused environment working with relational databases or distributed file systems. Past history of strong communication skills and the ability to excel individually while working as part of a team. Experience with ETL applications, BI visualization tools, and data modeling software may be helpful.
Company Culture & Facts
Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. Mattersight fosters teamwork as well as self motivation.
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work without sponsorship in the United States. The Data Engineer will be based out of Mattersight’s Austin or Chicago location; candidates should anticipate little to no travel.
Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
We are all different and that is powerful. Variability fuels our business and unites our work. It teaches us that strength lies in differences. To see what matters is our culture, and our culture starts with you.
Your different perspectives inspire us to be better. Your diversity fosters creativity and accelerates our innovation. Your unique skills and abilities make us stand out. Your background and experiences help us reach our full potential.
We are committed to a workplace that is increasingly diverse and inclusive, so be your best you.
Sponsorship currently not offered
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.