Senior Specialist Sustenance Engineer
NICE Actimize is comprised of talented, creative and dedicated individuals with a passion for delivering innovative solutions to the market. At NICE Actimize, we recognize that every employee’s contributions are integral to our company’s growth and success. To find and acquire the best and brightest talent around the globe, we offer a challenging work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and rewarding career opportunities. Come share, grow and learn with us – you’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun, and you’ll be part of a fast growing, highly respected organization.
NICE Actimize is seeking a Sustenance Engineer to support our solutions.
- Effectively work across organizational boundaries, with other developers, testers, customer support engineers and product managers.
- Troubleshoot, identify root cause, and resolve application issues related to financial markets software.
- Provide B-patch, hot fixes on an on-demand basis
- Check-in code fix / Propose fix for outstanding issue(s)
- Analyze feasibility for proposed solution for major changes and present case for PI cycle(s)
- Share the knowledge with other members of the team and other teams
- Work independently, report progress
- 9-12 years of overall enterprise software development experience with sound knowledge of Java/Scala and Web technologies.
- Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL.
- Experience with at least one of these databases: Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with at least one of these application server: Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere.
- Windows and Unix
- Good to have: Knowledge on Financial Markets/ Investment Banking instruments & terminology like Swaps, Futures etc.
Proven ability to learn quickly and understand new technologies and their implementations and zoom on the problem at hand
- Must be an excellent communicator (verbal and written skills).
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.